FC2T2 Initial Things - Update

Dan Goodes fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Thu Apr 1 03:12:25 UTC 2004

Another completely un-related thing I'd like to see sorted out is the
automatic mirror selection in up2date.

Yes - I realise that this was screamed for in a former life, but until
RedHat/Fedora and the mirrors can get everything sorted, and keep all
mirrors relatively up-to-date, this could get irritating.

Suppose for instance that I update against mirror X. I then hear of an
urgent update, and go to up2date to get the update, only to find that
mirrors Y and Z are out-of-date. Will people actually want to run up2date
several times until they find an up-to-date mirror?

Just a thought :-)

-Dan