FC mirror update.

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Apr 1 04:05:23 UTC 2004

seth vidal writes:

> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 22:04 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> mirror.linux.duke.edu apparently is not providing public rsync access any
>> more.  I sent a note to ftp at redhat.com to remove them from the mirror list;
>> is there a better address for that?
>>

> The hell we're not.
>
> I had to cut back the number of active, public, rsync connections so the
> system would work at all.
>
> Why don't you ask the mirror admin of the site before you start talking
> smack to other people.
>
> sheesh.
>
> A little courtesy?

My logs show that I have not been able to use rsync for the last week. I'm
also aware of the earlier notice that public rsync access may be withdrawn
at any time.  As far as I could tell, that's what happened.

It's not the end of the world.  So, you can't support rsync access.  That's
fine, but I've also wasted a lot of MY time trying to chase down working
mirrors, over the last couple of months; and I think that when you maintain
a list of publicly accessible mirrors that it would certainly be COURTEOUS
for that to contain an actual list of functioning mirrors.

Sheesh.