Another person's experience installing FC2 test 2

Richard Duncan duncric at iit.edu
Thu Apr 1 04:13:36 UTC 2004

Any luck on fixing the freeze at "updating etc/fstab"?  I'm getting the
same problem.  I first installed FC2T2 (with the boot from FC2T1 trick)
with SELinux enabled, but got way too many error messages on boot (like
some have been getting...audit messages and the such).  After setting
selinux=0, enforcing=0, and audit=0 in boot and still no better, I
reinstalled with SELinux disabled.  Now I don't get any errors, but I
also don't get past updating fstab.  I've checked fstab through Windows
(using Explore2FS), and it looks alright.  I don't see any error
messages on boot, so I'm clueless here.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Specs:
Abit IS7-E
80 GB WD HDD
ATi Radeon 9600XT
DVD-ROM
CD-RW

Ran RH9, FC1, and FC2T1 without troubles...