need help to build driver disk (iteraid)

Andrei my_x at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 09:35:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

I need some help to build a driver disk for the iteraid module (IT8212F ATA133 RAID Controller) for FC2 T1 kernel. I want to install a FC2 T1 on a box with a Raid 0 Array.

I have dl.-ed the source files for the driver (http://www.ite.com.tw//pc/LinuxSrc_it8212_092007-05_26x.zip) ; I have compiled them on a test machine. The resulted files are:

iteraid.ko
iteraid.o
iteraid.mod.c
itetaid.mod.o

now, I have read how to build a driver disk (http://faq.linux.cz/pracovni/driver-disk-howto);
I have downloaded the binary driver from ite.com.tw for the 2.4 kernel where I have replaced the modules.cgz file resulted after compilation.

But, I can't manage to insert the module when the installer starts. It keeps saying invalid compressed data , cpio: read failed ...

btw. for the 2.6 kernel the modules are files with *.ko extension ? Only this file is required to insert a driver as a module?

thanks