Yum upgrade from FC1 to FC2.

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 1 16:18:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 11:12:27AM +0200, Trond Danielsen wrote:

> Another test report...
> - - Have been running FC1 since it's first release, and have been
> "yum-updating" from the development three for a while.
> - - Added FC1.91 test release three to yum.conf; no problems!
> - - Had to add the selinux-rpms afterward, relabeled the filessystem, and
> now FC2test2 is up and running like nothing ever happend.
>
> Bug reports:
> - - system-config-... tools don't work... Seems to be a problem with the
> superuserprivilegies-gui.
> - - clock-applet crashes when trying to open up preferences.
> - - firewire not working, unable to load module.

I also had the "unable to su to root" thing after initial install. So I set
/etc/sysconfig to SELINUX=disabled, booted into my other FC1 partition,
chroot to the FC2 partition and did the "passwd root" routine. All fixed up
now. Seems that the root password may not be getting stored properly - or
is affected somehow by selinux.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca