System and network response slower

Aaron Kincer kincera at kintelwireless.com
Thu Apr 1 16:30:12 UTC 2004

Ok, figured it out.  The slow system response was fixed by rolling back
packages.  The slow network was due to a DNS problem external to FC2.

This got me thinking about what I would consider to be a neat applet idea--

-Periodically pings DNS servers or attempts to perform a series of
address resolutions
-Periodically pings GW
-Keeps track of latency changes
-Opening the applet would show a list of running tests that would
indicate any problems with connectivity
-Just like Up2date flashes when there is an update available, perhaps
some visual cue could occur with a problem

Basically like a scaled down personal version of Big Brother.  Does such
a program already exist that I don't know about?

Also, I am trying to figure out how to do threaded responses.  Never
quite figured that out with mailman lists.  Any insight would be much
appreciated.

Aaron Kincer