Dual boot FC2T2 and WinXP?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Apr 1 18:52:20 UTC 2004

Hi Markku,

> > Yes. The Windows XP CD rescue should recover Windows XP.
>
> I tried the "repair existing installation" option from WinXP
> install CD, but that had no effect.

You might temporarily get rid of grub from the MBR. Not sure what the XP
equivalent of "fdisk /mbr" and "sys c:" are.

Also the Mandrake bug report Feliciano refers to mentions changes in the
BIOS made by the installer. Might also be the case here, so check your
BIOS settings as well.

If your partition table got corrupted you're farther from home...

Leonard.