Cipe?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Thu Apr 1 19:10:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 13:00, Dave Jones wrote:

> This has been talked about on the fedora lists a number of times
> over the past few months.

A search for "cipe" in the archives does not turn up much.  At any rate,
I don't think that qualifies as a transition period.

>> A corporate mix of RHEL servers and FC desktops seems like a very
>> obvious and attractive combo.  So FC's stance on compatibility is
likely
>> to generate either a lot of joy or a lot of tears, depending.

> As already stated several times today in this thread, RHEL 3 supports IPSEC.

Yes.  I discovered that myself and corrected my original statement in a
later post.  However, here, I was speaking more generally.  This is not
the last time that a decision will have to be made to maintain RHEL
compatibility or not.  Can users of FC who use RHEL on the server expect
ongoing breakage?  This is an important point for people making
decisions on Linux deployment and needs to be clearly addressed.

-Steve