xscreensaver: Can't open display: :0.0

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Thu Apr 1 22:01:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 00:21 -0500, yonas abraham wrote:

> I am getting the ff error on xscreenaver
>
> xscreensaver: Can't open display: :0.0
> xscreensaver: running as yonas/yonas (500/500)
>
> xscreensaver: Errors at startup are usually authorization problems.
>               But you're not logging in as root (good!) so something
>               else must be wrong.  Did you read the manual and the FAQ?
SELinux enabled?  If so take a look at dmesg for any audit messages that
may be related.  What version of Fedora Core is this, and which
xscreensaver package?  When does this occur (login)?
--
"The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." (Edmond Burke)

Andrew Farris, CPE major
California Polytechnic University, SLO
fedora at andrewfarris.com