C2T2 -- X from older RedHat install, external WWW access

Darryl Gamble darryl.gamble at intellon.com
Thu Apr 1 22:40:48 UTC 2004

Thanks very much Alan.

1. I found that /usr/sbin/gdmconfig was set to disallow TCP traffic from
the Security tab.   I've turned that off.

2. You mentioned that I should turn off ECN given that my default route
is working alright.   I believe it is working properly given that I can
ping www.yahoo.com.   I tried that using "echo 0 >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn" and low and behold my telnet to port 80 works!
I am now assuming that one of my ISPs routers is failing on the ECN.
Is there an easy way to check which router is causing the failure?

Darryl