USB issues in non-upgraded kernel

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 04:50:09 UTC 2004

I haven't updated my test2 kernel (it is still the vanilla ISO test2 one),
so I *possibily* this bug has already been fixed.... according to bugzilla,
but I can't be sure, so I'll throw it out here.

Anyway, I'm having difficulty unmounting a flash drive under
2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1
Plugging in the USB-key gives me some kernel info, and after creating a
mount point for it and tweaking fstab (/dev/sdb1  /mnt/flash   vfat
noauto,user,umask=0  0  0), no problem. When I am finished with it, I cannot
seem to unmount it - even when I am sure that there is no continued access
to the device. Instead, all I get is:

umount: /mnt/flash : device is busy
umount: /mnt/flash : device is busy

And what's funny is that umount feels that it has to print this info out
twice.