Kernel 2.6.4-1.300 & snd-maestro3

RJ hellcat at hispeed.ch
Fri Apr 2 04:52:50 UTC 2004

Hi

I upgraded to the newest kernel and noticed my soundcard is not
initialized.

ESS Technology ES1983S Maestro-3i PCI Audio Accelerator (rev 10)

When i try to manually load the module i get the following error:
insmod: error inserting 'snd-maestro3.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

depmod -a doesn't report any unresolved symbols.

It could have something to do with the fact that i have to give the full
path to the module to insmod otherwise it can't find it.
Usually the module name alone is enough (IIRC).

RJ