Mounting drives

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 13:17:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

The upgrade from FC1 to FC2t2 on the laptop is done. Just got four
problems...

1. Why can only the root mount the floppy drive?
2. What has happened to apm? It worked under FC1, but now the system
complains that apm isn't in the kernel.
3. Anything requiring the root password to be entered (and not in a
taskwindow, but one of those boxes asking for the root password) takes
the root password and does nothing. If I open a taskwindow, su then run
any of the system-* programs, everything is fine.
4. Sound is shot (SiS PCI audio accelerator - snd-trident module).

I'm not that bothered about (4), (3) is damned annoying, (2) is a pain,
but not overly important and (1) sucks!

Are these known issues?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Discovery is, in it's essence, a matter of re-arranging or transforming
evidence in such a way that one is enabled to go beyond the evidence so