Cipe?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Fri Apr 2 17:45:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 14:18, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I would like to offer another suggestion. How about transitioning all
> your machines to use openvpn instead?
>
> http://openvpn.sf.net/
>
> It's secure, don't in userspace with tun or tap device, works on all
> the various redhat versions, there is even a windows version.
> Just need to compile and install the openvpn rpm on all your machines
> and switch the CIPE links to openvpn links.
>
> It's way easier to mange and setup than IPSEC, and doesn't require
> kernel mods.
>
> Just a suggestion.

An excellent suggestion.  Thanks!  Now *this* is something I'd love to
see in Fedora, nicely integrated with system-network-config.  Alexandre,
I *think* it is supposed to handle dynamic IP endpoints.  Never having
used it before, I got it built, installed, and working in under an
hour.  It also supports a bridged config so that protocols which depend
upon broadcast (SMB, IPP?) "just work".  I just did the simpler 'routed'
vpn for now though.

-Steve