up2date

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sat Apr 3 00:12:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 14:11 +0000, Enrico Tomelleri wrote:

> I've recently installed fedora core 1 on my laptop, during an update
> session (surfing on an h adsl) the system blocked (I don't know what
> exactly happened) so I had to shutdown the computer. After that durig
> the rebooting I discovered tha the graphics interface is not still
> working. Anybody knows what happened.

This is an issue for the fedora-list at redhat.com rather than
fedora-test-list (merely because you are not using a test version--
please redirect these questions there.  More information is needed to
answer this, so perhaps you could answer these questions in a post to
that list:
1. is the graphical login screen displayed, or does it fail to showup?
2. if the graphical login is displayed, do login to gnome and kde both
fail? (what is the symptom of the fail, describe what happens or does
not happen).  Does the same thing happen for another username?
--
"The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." (Edmond Burke)

Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com (lmorgul)