question regarding redhat-* applets (redhat-logviewer/redhat-config-services etc)

Siddharth Toshniwal tsiddharth at kodiaknetworks.com
Sat Apr 3 10:31:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I need some help regarding the redhat applets that feature under
"Applications -> System Tools". When I upgraded from Redhat 9
to Fedora Core 1 (and recently to Fedora Core 2) using up2date,
I got python2.3 as one of the dependancies for some packages.
I've installed that (and also have python2.2 on my system).

The problem is that the applets in question require python2.2
and do not work with the latest python libs since the API version
is different or because some other add-on package has got
uninstalled when I got the latest rh rpms.

Can you please tell me where can I get the RPM upgrades for
these utilities so that they function with python 2.3? Or are these
binaries given in some package for the Fedora distribution?
As of now, I've re-compiled some of these packages from source
so that they use python2.3, but there are too many of these (!)
So, is there a better way out?

thanks,
Siddharth.

--