Mounting NTFS Partitions in FC2T2?

Richard Ayer III rwa1 at cec.wustl.edu
Sat Apr 3 17:53:49 UTC 2004

The first thing you will need to do is compile a custom kernel with NTFS
support turned on.
To do that:
    cd /usr/src/linux-<kernel-version-number>
    make mrproper # only need to do this the first time you customize the
particular kernel version
    make oldconifg # once you have done one custom kernel, you can simply
copy the .config file from the old tree and run this command as a starting
point
    make xconfig or make menuconfig # this wil show a tree listing of all
the options you can set
    make
    make modules_install
    make install

and you're done. make The NTFS modules are under filesystems towards the
bottom of the tree; simply click on the NTFS line once you see it in the
right pane, type m, and it will be included as a module. It's that simple.
    I have turned NTFS support on in my custom kernels, and I have write
support on as well, but I haven't tried writing yet, since it's still
experimental. I would recommend just using read support for now unless you
absolutely need to write to the partition.

Richard Ayer III