Gnome and Kde won't run SU apps as user(non-root)

jim tate mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 3 22:29:58 UTC 2004

Gene C. wrote:

>On Saturday 03 April 2004 16:06, jim tate wrote:
>

>>Can't get the SU apps to run on either desktop, the SU login window pops up
>>and you can type in SU password, but apps won't run.
>>What is a DCOP server, cannot find any docs on it.
>>

>1. Please make bugzilla reports.
>
>2. What versions of packages are you running (su, policy, kernel, etc.)?  I am
>not seeing this problem on systems with yesterday's updates.

I'm using kernel-2.6.4-1.300, policy-1.9.2-1 (and in the
/etc/sysconfig/selinux I edited
the first and only line to read SELINUX-permissive, that is so when I
bootup, I can get into my
user or root desktop .)
In KDE I do a /MenuEditor/SystemSettings/Network and in the editor window if
I check the box 'run as different user', if I type in root I can login
as SU to get into the
Network Window, or for that case, do the same for any other App that
requires SU priv.
And the worst of all the other problems, if I run Mozilla , and
browsing, If I click on
anything, including the scroll bar at right of mozilla, Mozilla
immediatly will shutdown
and I have to restart mozilla.
I'am apt-get upgrading from http://mirror.usc.edu/ and my box is fully
upgraded