gnome fileselector dialog annoyance

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 01:17:28 UTC 2004

I've just started testing from FC2 Test 2, and seem to have hit a
showstopper with gnome. (The rest of things seem to be working fine from
the limited testing I've got around to).

I'm hoping that I'll get an answer of "X hidden option in gconf will
make you happy". But in the new fileselection dialog, it seems that you
*have* to use the mouse to select any location (either that or set-up
folders).
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/notes/figures/filechooser.png

The scenario that triggered this was, when changing the backdrop.. I
wanted to browse to /home2/allena29/backdrops.. but I couldn't just type
/home2/all<TAB>/bac<TAB> as I would in Gnome 2.4, no I had to pick the
mouse up... Or am I missing something.

I guess this is not really fedora specific but a gnome upstream issue.
I'm having mild issues with up2date (seems it's not just me)- so if I
cross my fingers and toes maybe it's already fixed in the final release
of 2.6.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.