HELP: Cannot login to Gnome after language switch in FC2Test2

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Sun Apr 4 04:46:47 UTC 2004

Help.  I can't login via the GUI and I really don't want to re-install.
  What can I do?

I am running Fedora Core 2 Test 2 with English and Japanese installed.
While logged in as "root", I tried switching the language from English
to Japanese.  It said that I had to restart the window server or
something so I logged out and logged back in.  After login, the "window
manager" icon displayed but it never got past that point or just to a
blank screen with the mouse pointer.  I tried logging in as a different
user and it had the same results.  I was, however, able to login via a
text console.  I'm not sure what log files I should look at to figure
out what is going on.  I think the problem has to do with the language
switch but I was also playing around with ALSA and Xine.

Thanks in advance!