boot floppies??

Gregory Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Mon Apr 5 01:39:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:12:31PM -0500, Damian Menscher wrote:
> I usually do my installs over the network after booting from a floppy.
> FC2t2 doesn't include floppy boot images.  Perhaps this is an oversight?
> (I'd really rather not go through the effort of burning a CD.)

The kernel won't fit on floppies anymore.  You can extract the vmlinuz
and initrd from the isolinux directory and hand install them in /boot.
Or you can just burn the images/boot.iso (4-5 MB) and boot from that.

> Also, the release notes make mention of 3 binary CDs and 3 source CDs.
> I just downloaded the binary torrent, and it's on 4 CDs.  Is this going
> to be made to fit on 3 CDs before the final release, or do the release
> notes need to be updated?

The release notes may well be wrong, it's 4 cd's each.

--
Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury      `-_-'    Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us         U     RHCT August 2003