SSH in/out extremely slow(PAINFUL) FC2 SOLVED!

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Sun Apr 4 22:44:00 UTC 2004

It seems that the 2.6.4 kernel has resolved my issues with the Broadcom
adapter on my Dell PE 2650.

It now functions fine.

I had to do some modifications to the system to get yum to update
properly as there were dependency errors.

I erased all of the xemacs packages, ethereal, ethereal-gnome and
dvgrab.  Attempting to update these packages caused dependency errors
that I didn't feel like messing with.

Also, NFS behaves a little different.  It now enforces the "*" in
/etc/exports if you want to have a directory wide open(RH9/FC1) did not
enforce this, example:

/export/mydirectory	(rw)    <-- Doesn't acutally share anything

/export/mydirectory	*(rw)   <--Works great!

It looks like you folks are well on your way, keep up the good work!