Dependency issue with UP2DATE: Was(Re: up2date issue with kernel-2.6.4-1.305)

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Mon Apr 5 03:15:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 19:52 -0700, Brian Bober wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I just removed xemacs, dvgrab, ethereal, etc and no longer
> get the dependency errors ^.^

I also had to whack a bunch of packages to get around dependency
problems.  Some have been fixes by subsequent updates, but others are
still with us.   Presumably they'll all get resolved in good time.

> I am getting some annoying messages for a bunch of the packages, though:
> "The package [package name] is signed with an unknown GPG signature. Continue?"
> Happened for Canna, ipxutils, and a bunch of others
>
> But hey, it worked. I'll try adding those things back later. :-)

One suggestion (thanks to Fred New, with variants by others in recent
"Unknown GPG signatures" thread):

cd /usr/share/doc/fedora-release*
rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY*

Phil