Vi(m) arrow key navigation problem

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Mon Apr 5 04:34:49 UTC 2004

Sean Earp wrote:
>>Ponder the value of your $TERM.
>

> How very zen  ;)  I tried it, got a different terminal that I have been
> using, and the exact same problem occurred...  Any other ideas?

Hm. I've seen this error with vi when my TERM was set to something like
VT100, which is why I told you to check what yours is set to. This has
got to be something to do with your terminal settings, because normally
arrows in edit mode would navigate the text.

Try running "vim" explicitly instead of "vi" though I doubt it would
make a difference.

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Ryabitsev