Dual boot FC2T2 and WinXP?

Hervé Pagès pages at inrp.fr
Mon Apr 5 07:55:34 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:

> Partition with a working system (eg Fedora FC1 install disk), then install
> and don't touch the partitions at all in FC2test2.

In fact, that's what I did (my "Detected hard disk geometry
changed after installing FC2T2" story was not clear on that):
all the partitions on my drive were defined under FC1.

Checking /dev/hda geometry under FC1 (just BEFORE FC2T2 install)
gave:
  # fdisk /dev/hda"
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cyl.
Checking /dev/hda geometry DURING the FC2T2 install (Ctrl+Alt+F2)
gave the same. Even checking in last screen (the "Congratulation
screen") gave the same result.

But AFTER rebooting in FC2T2:
  # fdisk /dev/hda"
    16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 155061 cyl.
and
  # fdisk -H 255 /dev/hda
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cyl.
and now printing the partition table with "p" gives the following
warnings "Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary" and the same
message for partitions 2, 3 and 4".

So I really don't anderstand who has been touching my nice partition table
during the FC2T2 install :-(

Cheers.