couple of strange issues

Marshall Lewis marshall at novafoundry.com
Mon Apr 5 19:28:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 15:12, Richard Hally wrote:

> What no kitchen sink? :))
> sorry, couldn't resist

Hey, if I could I just might try it : )

Hmm, I've got a few more usb devices sitting around.  I can add a
scanner, printer, zaurus, harddrive and usbkey tonight... oh and my mp3
player and camera... ; )   actually.. I have some other stuff too.

I hadn't quite realized just how much stuff I have that connects via
usb.

Anyway, modprobing ehci-hcd slows my system to a crawl, and modprobing
ehci-hcd and/or uhci-hcd will cause nautilus to crash.

I wish there were a way to unplug stuff from here... I'd call my wife,
but she'd get on to me for interrupting whatever it is she's doing.. I
suppose in another year or so (she's two now) I'll be able to get my
daughter to do it...  right now she does it without being asked, so it
shouldn't be too big of a stretch.... : )

--
 Marshall