Acer Aspire 1712 w/ NVIDIA go 5700 and X11.org

Michael Hatzel michael at epm2.com
Tue Apr 6 01:41:48 UTC 2004

I recently purchaced an Acer Aspire 1712, P4 3.0, 1GB Ram, NVIDIA go 5700.
When X attempts to launch, the system freezes and is unresponsive to any
keypress.  During the install phase, X comes up just fine, but if I'm not
mistaken, install still uses XFree86.  This system also ran X fine under
FC1.  I have tried using the VESA drivers, the native "nv" drivers as well
as the drivers from NVIDIA.  If anyone has encountered a similar problem or
knows of a workaround, please let me know.  Until then, I have no choice but
to roll back to FC1.

Thanks

Mike Hatzel
EPM2 Business Solutions and Resources, Inc.