IEEE1394 and kernels post 2.6.3

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 17:28:03 UTC 2004

On Apr  6, 2004, RaXeT <maxer1 at xmission.com> wrote:

> Dave Jones wrote:
>> On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 20:27, raxet wrote:

>>> Will someone let us know when the arjanv kernels (post 2.6.3) will
>>> have a functioning IEEE1394 driver?

>> When its fixed upstream.

> Is this making a functioning IEEE1394 not a critical need here?

It is for me (personally, not as part of my job), which is why I've
been trying to participate in the appropriate forum, namely the
linux1394 mailing lists.  However, until Ben Collins merges the
changes that apparently fixed ieee1394 into Linus' tree, FC devel
won't have ieee1394.  There's very little point in enabling a broken
module or say trying to track a linux1394 SVN tree that was also
broken (just in more subtle ways) until yesterday.