Spatial Nautilus or windows training

Siddharth Toshniwal tsiddharth at kodiaknetworks.com
Wed Apr 7 04:52:53 UTC 2004

>I just don't get how can anyone possibly think that depriving the user
>of the file location context (i.e. the file's location in the tree
>hierarchy) and making it impossible to backtrack up the directory tree
>is even acceptable. At least it's not just me.

Ummm.... I'm not sure that they have hidden context from the user.
Though, I have to admit that it does not seem to be that obvious.
The 'What's new' guide shows how you can see your location in the
directory tree. In case you've missed it, take a look at it once.
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/notes/rnwhatsnew.html

I'm beginning to _like_ the spatial look a li'l as I am using the new
nautilus....  It took me a li'l RTFM though, before I came to this
opinion.... Another interesting article (though slightly outdated now)
was: http://lenore.newmeja.com/gnome-2.6/GNOME_2_6.html

cheers,
Siddharth.