can't ftp, telnet, or ssh to FC2T2 box

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 07:00:40 UTC 2004

Jack Bowling wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 09:51:57PM -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>[snip]
>

>>>It seems as though the bug from FC1 was that selecting no firewall
>>>resulted in firewall --enabled in the anaconda kickstart config. However
>>>with FC2test2 the result is  firewall --disabled in kickstart config-
>>>yet the firewall is enabled. So I think this is a different bug and this
>>>should get filed.
>>>

>>Sounds like a new release and new bug.
>>

>If you watch the init during boot, you will see that if ntp is selected to
>load, it will load iptables to punch a hole on port 123 so ntp will
>work... regardless of your wish not to install a firewall at install.

i had seen this ,
great nice feature :-)
(thanks to alan for the idea)

but i had selected too "no firewall" *while* installation,
and thought it was my fault that the firewall was enabled and i could
not login via ssh.

nice that ntpd is working,

but if i choose "no firewall"
 and the firewall is afterwards *enabled*
 shown in the anaconda-ks.cfg as *disabled*,
 you can not login via ssh because the firewall is *enabled*

this is a bug and should be filed and fixed.

login via ssh has at least for me a *slightly* higher prirority than ntpd
because ntpd would be shown as failed while booting.

--
shrek-m