Policy and Kernel Panic

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Wed Apr 7 10:18:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 06:15 -0500, jim tate wrote:

> kernel -2.6.4-305, policy-1.9.2-9, rpm-4.3.1-0.1

> Have to go into Linux Resue and in /etc/sysconfig/selinux and enter line
> SELINUX=permissive and box will boot properly.
> Also notice if I uninstall policy and reinstall I get the follwing error
> message:
Your boot problem without policy loaded should be fixed after the
following is changed.. if not then do a 'make load' in the policy src
directory to correct the policy and load it afterward.

> Can't open '/etc/security/selinux/policy.16':  No such file or directory
> error: %post(policy-1.9.2-9) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
>
> But policy is installing but and /etc/security/selinux/policy. is there
> but a big ? in the file,
> but not fully developing.????
There was an error in the packaging, the policy file is installed
incorrectly as policy. instead of policy.16.  Simply rename the file:
mv /etc/security/selinux/policy. /etc/security/selinux/policy.16
fixfiles relabel

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on freenode