can't ftp, telnet, or ssh to FC2T2 box

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 7 11:32:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 09:00:40AM +0200, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> but i had selected too "no firewall" *while* installation,
> and thought it was my fault that the firewall was enabled and i could
> not login via ssh.

Sounds like an installer bug -> bugzilla it if its not already there.

> login via ssh has at least for me a *slightly* higher prirority than ntpd
> because ntpd would be shown as failed while booting.

I suspect moving on it needs a much better firewall manager which knows
what ports are involved and interacts with other configuration tools. Enable
network printing and it asks if it should poke a hole in the firewall etc

Alan
--
	"AppleScript is a kind of Object-Oriented Basic with COBOL syntax."
			- Stuart Cheshire