CDROM Boot Image insanity

Elaine Normandy enormandy at stardel.com
Wed Apr 7 12:08:37 UTC 2004

I had this problem with the boot cdrom as well.  I made an alternate iso
as per instructions in Bugzilla 111723, and was able to install from the
altered disk.  I would cheerfully provide the name of my specific
machine and bios revisions except I need instructions on how to find
this information.  I stumbled around in the CMOS menus for a bit without
finding it.

uname -a shows

Linux elainelinux 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 #1 Fri Mar 12 14:01:55 EST 2004 i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

My hardware is a generic box bought from a local storefront so I
wouldn't have to pay for a Windows license I had no plans to use. If
someone will tell me how to determine more specific information, I will
post it to the bugzilla report.

--
Elaine Normandy (Colorado Springs)
Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/