ftp/http install

Lucas Jordan ljordan at chip.org
Wed Apr 7 14:13:39 UTC 2004

Hello, I am new to this list....
    I have been trying to install fedora test 2 core 2 over the internet
via http or ftp with no luck. I have created the boot cd from the
boot.iso that is in the "images" directory under the os directory on the
download pages. I get to the point in the install where i have entered
the ftp server name and red hat directory, the installer then says
"Retrieving Fedora/base/stage2.img..." then it says "The Fedora Core
installation tree in that directory does not seem to match your boot media"

I assume this meens that the boot.iso is from an older version (fedora
core 1?) and will not actually install fedora core 2 test 2. how do i
install via http or ftp?

thank you,
    Lucas