who provides /etc/sysconfig/selinux?

Brian Millett bpm at ec-group.com
Wed Apr 7 19:22:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 14:11, Fred New wrote:
> On Wed, 4/7/2004 9:35 PM, Brian Millet wrote:
> >
> >I do not have the file /etc/sysconfig/selinux, nor can I find it using
> <snip>
> >So, other than the release notes which talk about it, where is it?  What
> >package provides it?
>
> On my FC2T2 system:
>
> $ rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig/selinux
> file /etc/sysconfig/selinux is not owned by any package
>
> But
>
> $ rpm -ql policy
> /etc/security/default_contexts
> /etc/security/default_type
> /etc/security/failsafe_context
> /etc/security/initrc_context
> /etc/security/selinux
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts
> /etc/security/selinux/policy.16
>
> Hope that helps,
> Fred

> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\fromtext \deff0{\fonttbl
> {\f0\fswiss Arial;}
> {\f1\fmodern Courier New;}
> {\f2\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}
> {\f3\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
> {\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;\red0\green0\blue255;}
> \uc1\pard\plain\deftab360 \f0\fs20 On Wed, 4/7/2004 9:35 PM, Brian Millet wrote:\par
> > \par
> >I do not have the file /etc/sysconfig/selinux, nor can I find it using\par
> <snip>\par
> >So, other than the release notes which talk about it, where is it?  What\par
> >package provides it?\par
> \par
> On my FC2T2 system:\par
> \par
> $ rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig/selinux\par
> file /etc/sysconfig/selinux is not owned by any package\par
> \par
> But\par
> \par
> $ rpm -ql policy\par
> /etc/security/default_contexts\par
> /etc/security/default_type\par
> /etc/security/failsafe_context\par
> /etc/security/initrc_context\par
> /etc/security/selinux\par
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts\par
> /etc/security/selinux/policy.16\par
> \par
> Hope that helps,\par
> Fred

Fred, Thanks.  I've been using yum to update off of rawhide & base since
FC1.  I thought that I had not gotten a package installed, or updated,
even though it looks like I am running 1.91 FC2t2.  I must assume that
the selinux configuration file is ONLY available to those who do 1) add
it them selves or 2) Upgrade with CD's.

Thanks.
--
Brian Millett  -  Technologist Rex
"It was an early earth president, Abraham Lincoln, who best described our