who provides /etc/sysconfig/selinux?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 7 20:39:53 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 13:42, Richard Hally wrote:
> My first guess was that it was provided by anaconda 'cause supposedly
> you only get it if you do an install(rather than upgrade) but doing
> rpm -q--filesby pkg of anaconda does not show it.  It look to me like
> it is a back door to turn off SELinux on an unsuspecting sysadmin.
> Richard Hally

Files created by %post scripts of rpms, or by the installer, don't
usually get "owned" by any particular package.

If you have somebody on the system that can write to your
/etc/sysconfig/selinux file while you have SELinux on and enabled, then
it's time to review your SELinux rule set and who you're handing root
accounts out to.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: