Kernel source

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to
Thu Apr 8 00:11:16 UTC 2004

  I think I know what you mean, but in the true sense of the word,
kernel-source has never been shipped "pre-compiled".  It is generated
during the rpm build of the kernel*src.rpm, so it has had some files
(like include/linux/version.h) that get generated during the build that
maybe VMware is looking for.
  Anyhow, if you are using VMware 4.0.x or earlier, you might have
trouble unless you go to news://news.vmware.com and check out one of
those newsgroups for the latest vmware*any-*any* patch (whatever it's
called, it's something like that).  Otherwise, you could grab the latest
4.5.x that was just released recently -- if you have a 4.0.x license,
4.5.x is a free upgrade.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
  [...who hopes someday that UML, XenoLinux, Bochs, or some other