who provides /etc/sysconfig/selinux?

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 8 04:33:32 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>Richard Hally (rhally at mindspring.com) said:
>

>>>Nothing provides it. It can be written by system-config-securitylevel-tui.
>>>

>>Sorry, I just ran s-c-securitylevel-tui and it did not create it for me.
>>Perhaps it is created some where else while running anaconda? :-\
>>

>Check --help... the bits for it are only activated via the CLI
>at the moment.
>
>Bill

Ah,  a work  in progress...   ok, so the  UI that is on the way will
have a setting to make it one of three values?
The purpose of the file is to set one of the three values when the
system boots but not change it on the fly while the system is up?
OK, so  the next question is where is that file read  and used ?  the
init program?  sysinit? I get the impression that it will be overridden
by kernel parameters, how does that happen?
Last question, has consideration been given to changing the value in
that file when someone changes the actual status of SELinux(enforcing or
permissive) with setenforce.
Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying very hard to understand as
mush as I can about SELinux.
Thanks for your help,
Richard Hally