screensaver setup and tuxracer hang X?

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Thu Apr 8 13:00:01 UTC 2004

Bob Barnes <bobarnes at charter.net>@redhat.com on 04/08/2004 08:27:28 AM
wrote:

> Is there a fix for this, the only way I have to get out of trying to
> setup the screen saver is to do a reboot. I have an intel integrated
> graphics card (on the mb) and heard this was a bug on some of these.
>
> The screen locks, no mouse movement, nothing.

I have the same symptom now.

My video is an ATI Radeon Mobility M9 built into my laptop.

In my case, TuxRacer worked fine for the one race, but some of
the GL screen savers has caused the machine ? to lockup.  The X cursor
still moves, but no keyboard, not mouse clicks, no switching to
an alternate screen.

Before last nights X update, TuxRacer and the GL screensavers worked
really slowly, but at least the machine didn't lock up.