[SPAM] - Re: FC2T2 VMware 4.5.1 (workstation) on WinXPsp1 - Xorg does notwork - Found word(s) list error in the Text body.

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Thu Apr 8 22:17:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:25:45PM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> The only real issue I"ve had with FC2T2 on VMWare (v4.0.5) on XPSP1 has
> been the .305smp kernel not recognizing my keyboard.  Otherwise it's been

I've seen that as well, with VMware 4.5.1 (FC2T2 as both the host and
the guest). In my case it looks like the keyboard is not always detected
at boot time. If you inspect /var/log/messages, you will probably see
two lines like:

  input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1
  atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 0, code 0xb8 on
  isa0060/serio0).

When the keyboard is correctly detected, the second line is replaced
with something like this instead:

  input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

Was the VMware window focused when you started the VM? I have found that
focusing the VMware window (and hitting random keys) several times will
sooner or later cause the kernel to detect that a keyboard has just been
plugged in.

Rudi