SMB - SELinux print problems

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Fri Apr 9 01:53:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 21:07 -0400, Wayne Steenburg wrote:
> Does policy have to be manually reloaded-recompiled after running audit2
> allow or will a simple reboot suffice? If it does how?, otherwise here's
> my problem...
>
> After some updates a few days ago, I can no longer print to an SMB
> shared printer on my FC2t2 machine. I'm trying to print from a box
> running XP.  I never specifically installed SE Linux, but some of the
> packages were dependent on it. I relabeled my files and ran "audit2allow
> -l -i /var/log/messages", but I'm still not able to print. I'm "fully
> updated" as of today as well as rebooted after the audit2allow.

Ok, I figured out how to reload policy. But I get the following error:

Can't open '/etc/security/selinux/policy.17':  No such file or directory
make: *** [reload] Error 2

I have policy.15 and policy.16 I'm assuming that since this an error and
not a warning that my make reload was unsucessful.

Wayne Steenburg