Core 2 test 2 + pxelinux + VIA Rhine not working?

Mikko Kortelainen mkortela at cc.hut.fi
Fri Apr 9 11:56:17 UTC 2004

I am trying to set up test 2 on a VIA Epia ME6000. I have no floppy or
CD-ROM drive, so I have to do it with pxelinux.

When I start the installation, I select "NFS image" as the installation
method. After that, Anaconda prompts me for a NIC driver, even though in
the log it says:

* inserted /tmp/via-rhine.ko

And the kernel says:

<6>eth0: VIA VT6102 Rhine-II at 0xde002000...

I can't find the via rhine driver in the list.

Fedora Core 1 installs ok without any questions.

What to do?

-Mikko