thousands of selinux messages logged (selinux disabled!)

geneSmith gene.smith at sea.siemens.com
Fri Apr 9 17:24:10 UTC 2004

Mike Lurk wrote, On 4/9/2004 12:49 PM:
> I had the same problem.... here is what I did to fix it.
>
> cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
>
> then type
>
> fixfiles relabel
>
> then reboot Linux.. It fixes the messages that you get from selinux when
> you boot.
>
> I found this fix on the fedora site
>
> http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en

Does this affect/touch files that are mounted from another filesystem?
My root filesystem is /dev/hdb2 when running fc2. I also mount /dev/hda2
to access files on my rh 7.2 system when running fc2. Will fixfiles do
anything to the files on /dev/hda2 (mounted at /mnt/hda2 on fc2) that
will affect running rh 7.2? The faq does not address this.
Tks,
-gene