KDE & /dev/dsp

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sat Apr 10 16:54:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:49:08 +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:

> > Show output of "lsmod" and "/etc/modprobe.conf".
>
> Thanks a lot for the reminder to look into modprobe.conf!
> The reason for my sound problem was that the driver was not loaded.
> (well, since lspci showed the soundcard and FC2 does a hardware detect
> at boot, I assumed it was added to modprobe.conf)
>
> I added the lines for modprobe.conf from this page:
> http://www.freax.be/wiki/index.php/Fedora%20core%201%20with%20kernel%202.6-test
>
> ...and now it works :-)))

Still, system-config-soundcard should find your soundcard and enable
the drivers. Consider submitting a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com

> > Btw, you hijacked the thread "Re: Kernel 2.6.5-1.309 & Nvidia & 4KSTACKS".
>
> Errr... I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm sorry if I unintentionally violated
> any list-rules ?

That refers to these mail headers in your message with the subject
"KDE & /dev/dsp":

Which means, you replied to an arbitrary message from this list and
then changed the subject line. Instead, you should have composed a
_completely new_ message.

"References" and "In-Reply-To" headers are used for sorting messages
as threads. It is not polite to hijack threads.