fc2-test2 module reiserfs.ko broken in kernels 2.6.5-1.308, 309 and 315

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 00:52:53 UTC 2004

I was getting this error when installing the kernel and did not have
reiserfs to cause this error. (vmware with ext3 on the virtual drive.)

Do you get a grub entry and an intird image for the kernel?

The reiserfs problem that I saw on one of my other computers would cause
a system lockup when a reiserfs mount, was selected on boot, through
/etc/fstab. If the reiserfs volume mounted, after computer was booted
successfully, the volume could not be unmounted. I could do other
things, except unmount reiserfs and poweroff the computer successfully.

Jim

--
Domestic happiness and faithful friends.