missing modversion.h when trying to compile the nvidia driver on x86_64

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sun Apr 11 07:52:40 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 10.04.2004 schrieb Matias Feliciano um 12:40:
> Le sam 10/04/2004 à 11:47, Peter Boy a écrit :
> > [......]
> >
> >     '/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.31577/build/include/linux/modversion.h'
> >     does not exist. The most likely reason for this is that the
> >     kernel header files in ' ....  ' have not been configured.
> >
> > [......]
> >

> No modversion.h here. But a modversions.h .

Sorry, my typo - modversions.h of course. The mail prog on my test
system is unconfigured yet  :-)

> Not in include/linux but in include/config .

Thanks for the hint. Found it at the same place on x86_64. But the file
is quite different from that of the 2.4 kernel in include/linux. It
contains only one line, a undefine of a variable (in 2.4 there is a
define and a list of module headers).

May be the hint in the error message about a possible uncomplete
configuration is plausible. Unfortunately  I still don't know how to
proceed.

Peter