Definate gnome-panel problem

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 01:03:08 UTC 2004

Özgür Caner wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just recompiled gnome-panel from gnome's sources and all of the applets
>> now work and the panel is now usable again.
>>
>> It's in bugzilla, so hopefully something will get fixed soon ;-)
>

> I compiled gnome-panel from gnome source too. But the panel behaves
> same as fedoras, it crashes.

I am using the latest panel from rawhide. It is functional and does not
crash during my use. The clock-applet problem was fixed and the sound
volume control and launchers seem to work properly.

Overall! I think the current rawhide packages are in pretty good
condition. I ran into no conflicts with upgrading 200 plus packages on
the system.

SELinux is a different matter though. I couldn't login in enforcing mode
(Before applying updates). I switched to permissive mode and everything
seems to be fairly normal, except for mail to system. I have 187
messages to root and most of them seem to be SELInux permission related.

Jim