disable IPV6?

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Mon Apr 12 03:44:40 UTC 2004

Randy Schrickel wrote, On 03/26/2004 11:03 PM:
> Randy Schrickel wrote:
>
>>> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Linux_Networking/Q_20868797.html
>>> which talks about the same problem I've described only with Mandrake.
>>> Their solution - disable ipv6, just like I'd done before!
>

> Rebooted with ipv6 enabled, looks like the speed is still right up
> there. Not as good as without the D-Link, but it's usable now.
>
> randy

Randy,
Sorry to contact you at home but not sure if you are still monitoring
this list.

Was wondering if upgrading your D-Link unit still looks like the right
solution for you, even with ipv6 re-enabled. Any idea why XP was getting
good results with the original d-link firmware while fc2 did not?

I don't have a D-link router but a homebrew Bering-Leaf router (LRP) on
a old PC. It contains a program called dnscache which I use as my dns
server. It works a lot faster when ipv6 is disabled in fc2t2 and I might
need to find out if it can be upgraded to handle the AAAA record better
too, like possibly your d-link now does.

Just thought I'd ask.

Tks,
-gene