Another failed install - both video and ide hard drives notdetected

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Apr 12 06:21:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:16, "pismobum" <pismobum at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Got the i386 version and installed, results follow:
>
> I had the same problem as so many others on the list with having to use
> another Disk1 to get started.
> Once past that I had almost no trouble getting it loaded and working.
> The i386 version at least recognized  that I had a video card and
> hard-drives,

Interesting.

Incidentally do we have an upgrade path from i386 to AMD64?  If you want to
get the machine working in the near future then it would be easiest to
upgrade to AMD64 from a i386 install.

Also if it could be an option to rip a hard disk out of an i386 system and put
it in an AMD64 system and just use yum to install the AMD64 stuff it would be
really convenient.