4KSTACKS again

Brian Gerst bgerst at didntduck.org
Tue Apr 13 18:24:27 UTC 2004

Jerone Young wrote:
> I am also an NVIDIA user...eventually NVIDIA will
> update there driver to work with the 4K stack (expect
> it around the time Fedora 2 is actually fully
> released). Actually the X86-64 Nvidia driver works
> great with FC2 (with a few stability issues). But
> really no one in the Open Source community has any
> remorse for NVIDIA (or ATI). Really when it comes to
> Device drivers there really is no excuse for your
> drivers not be Open Source (my opinion). So I also do
> understand what you are going through...but really the
> people you should be yelling at is Nvidia..so please
> go to the nvidia forum and file your complaint ( it is
> at nvews.net).
>
>             Jerone

There is absolutely no reason for RedHat to remove the 4KSTACKS config
*option* (which is now in the official 2.6.5-bk1 kernel).  The only
thing this accomplishes is to antagonize users of binary-only modules.
I don't care if their kernel config enables it by default, but removing
the config option is plain wrong.

--
				Brian Gerst